A better List control was a task that initially made me go into this long development cycle:
- Users complained about horizontal scrollbars being visible in the list (when really not needed).
This was unfortunately a bug of Unity IMGUI – back then I’ve been using GUI.BeginScrollView for implementing scrollable containers, but in order to solve it properly, I needed to write the scrollbar from scratch.
- Additionally, users wanted more control over the layout of items.
- There was also a selection bug. ^^
I’m finally working on the List and other “true” data controls for eDriven.Gui:
All data controls will have:
1. the observable data collection as a source
2. the ability of plugging in an instance of the layout class
3. pluggable item renderers, so the user will have full control over displaying data
4. skinnable and customizable scrollbars
Here’s the code needed for creating an instance of the List control: